.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Que En El Mundo


     Sooooo I'm proud to announce that I have survived my first week here in the good ol Peru CCM!! We flew in on Tuesday night and didn't get to bed until about 3 AM so we started off our stay with very minimal sleep.I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO TIRED IN MY LIFE!!! But can I just say that I absolutely LOVE it here! It's not a very big mtc, so I know pretty much every person here, well, except for the Latinos, I know all the white people, that's for sure! Everyone is so awesome here and we're already so close it's insane! I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 5 YEARS!! Except not. It's a weird feeling! Haha. My companion, Hermana park, (aka the girl I stalked on Facebook) is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life! I feel like we have been close friends forever yet it's only been one week it's crazy!! We are constantly laughing with each other and having a good time. We both struggle WAY hard with Spanish, but we try to maintain a positive attitude which really helps! We just have to keep reminding ourselves that we have only been here one week and don't have to know Spanish fluently haha. We have already taught our fake investigator 3 times and can I just say that it is SO stressful because we know very minimal words in Spanish, so it's hard to get our point across. And when we don't understand what he's saying to us, we just pretend we know and keep talking hahaha it's bad, but we're getting better and our lessons are improving as well! 
     
     Soon I'm going to be just like all the Latinas here!! Oh, and I may or may not have accidentally hit my companion in the face with my bag when I was throwing it on the top bunk hahahaha. Whoops. I really know how to treat my companion! Haha.  Me and my district have also gotten way close, I feel like they're my family! All of us except for one elder is going to Bolivia Santa Cruz which is SO fun! We are always having a good time and lifting each other up when we get discouraged, it's awesome, I am seriously SO blessed. I love this little and BEAUTIFUL mtc. It's my home and I could stay here forever! 
     
     The food is pretty good here, depending on what it is. Sometimes we don't really know what we're eating... but it hasn't been too bad. There has only been a couple things that I could not eat because it was soooo bad hahaha. It's only been a week and I am already getting sick of rice, so this is going to be a lovely 18 months hahahaha. We eat it everyday for both lunch and dinner with either chicken or beef. For breakfast we just have eggs, sometimes this mysterious piece of lunch meat, and bread. lots and lots of bread. They have cereal and such too, but it's just all so different. But I'm getting used to it and look forward to every meal because I'm always SO HUNGRY!! 
     
     Today we finally got to go outside of these CCM walls and I got to buy some snacks to hold me over in between meals which was WONDERFUL. Hahaha. We got to go to the temple this morning and it was soooo great. Luckily they had headsets for us so I wasn't confused the entire time since it was all in Spanish. It was super cool!! It is absolutely beautiful here!! We had to take this TINY bus to get there and I have never stood so close to so many people in my life, it was awesome hahahaha. Luckily I'm short though so my head didn't hit the ceiling! Count my many blessings!!! It has just overall been a great week! It's crazy to think that I still/only have 5 more weeks here! 
     
     Soooo you are probably wondering about the heading for the email. Well, I have been blessed to have some of the best maestros here at the ccm, Hermana Carillo and Hermano Janampa, and Hermano Janampa always says QUE EN EL MUNDO (What in the world) whenever we say something weird, we drop something, or anything really. He's absolutely hilarious and has helped us so much here. And Hermana Carillo is soooo sweet and is really patient with my Spanish since it is MUY BUENO. Hahaha. 
     
     OOOOO so last night we had the chance to have a broadcast of the missionary devotional that happened a the Provo mtc and guess who spoke... HOLLAND. The our room full of Americans went into an uproar when we found out he was speaking. The talk was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE too! We were all so riled up after it and could barely sleep, it was awesome!! So if you have any spare time and want to hear a great talk full of the spirit and a few silly jokes, then I would recommend you go listen to it! Well, life is going well here in the CCM. It's definitely hard and tiring, but it is so rewarding and I am loving every second of it. Thank you for all your love, support, and prayers. I miss you all! Have the best week ever, I know I will! Adios!

Hermana Higham (they have a really hard time saying my name... the struggle is real hahaha)
Hermana Park and I.


We are so cute!


Me and my district.

No comments:

Post a Comment