.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Thursday, June 4, 2015

La Lucha Es Real


     I hope I spelled that heading right.... if not then just know it's supposed to say the struggle is real hahaha! Soooo pretty much I feel weird that I've been here for exactly 2 weeks! Like it hasn't felt that long, but then if feels like I've been here for a few months sooo that's crazy! I'm officially an intermedio now instead of a beginner! YAY!! 
     
     We got a fresh batch of Americanos today which we were WAY excited about since we lost a lot of people that left on their missions on Tuesday! I had to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and they got in at like 4, so I saw some of them and I think I scared them a little bit 'cause my hair was chaotic, I was half asleep, and I got way excited to see them hahaha it was funny! When I woke up I thought it might have been a dream... but then I saw the girl today so it's good to know I'm not loco hahahaha. I love this little mtc, you get to know everyone here and they are just so wonderful, it's awesome!!
     
     This week was pretty great, I'm still loving it and happy as ever!! We have just had our regular week of sitting in class ALL DAY LONG (I struggle with that hahahaha) and teaching our investigators! We got new investigators this week which was a fun switch... but they're still just our teachers so not that different haha. My teachers are honestly the greatest ever!! My Hermana teacher is just so sweet and speaks such broken language that it's sometimes just easier to try to understand her Spanish, she's adorable! And then my night teacher, Hermano Janampa is just a goon! He just still says que en el mundo all the time and does this weird laugh hahahaha. We just have a hoot in room 110 with my crazy district and my awesome teachers! Which is great, but also a huge distraction since we're all just going crazy 24/7 hahaha. But we have learned SO MUCH here which is a relief! You know you're improving when you know you can speak more in the language than you did when you came haha. Even though I still speak muy mal espanol. It is so broken... BUT I know how to bear my testimony and pray and that's all I need!! Haha. 
     
     Sooooo mom don't freak out but I may or may not have already gotten sick. I'm good now, it was just a little bug and I'm pretty sure it was something we ate cause last Thursday people were dropping like flies!! It hit me in the morning and they put me on bed rest for the day with some other hermanas and we slept ALL DAY LONG. I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, but it wasn't even a problem. The next day I was better so it was just a weird but, but it was crazy! It felt weird just skipping a day, I was so behind! But no worries, I got caught up on everything so yay! But I'm good now and everything is normal!! Well mostly. My body is still having a hard time adjusting to the rice and rice and more rice and RICE! We eat it every meal and they give you SO MUCH. Even when you ask for a little, they still give you a TON so I've learned you have to say "poco poco arroz" hahahaha it's fun. 
     
     The food is actually pretty good here! This week we had a PASTA day where they just only had pasta and different sauces, it was awesome!! It was a great change! And one day they made us pizza! it was weird, but pizza none the less. I've decided that my good and bad days are dependent on the meals. Like if it's a bad food day, everyone is having a bad day. If it's a good food day, everyone is just crazy. I've never looked forward to meals so much in my life. I'm going to gain like 20 pounds that's for sure and I'm a thousand percent sure I already have hahaha. Me and Hermana Newbold run 2 miles and do other workouts each day but I feel like it's not enough. HELP! Hahaha. They have volleyball nets here and we all go crazy pants when we play! It's so fun, I love volleyball! I have yet to play soccer yet, I'm not much of a soccer fan (sorry Paula) and the Latinos intimidate me when they play haha. 
     
     I feel like my emails are just all over the place, I really need to gather my thoughts before! haha. We had the chance to go to the temple again today which is awesome! I love that place and it's just a whole new experience in Spanish! And getting there is fun too, those bus rides get pretty squishy and the elders and sisters no touching rule does not apply during that time because everyone is just smashed together. It's an awkward time hahahaha.  After that we went to another store called "metros" which is like a Walmart.... ish.... thing haha. Then we went to a place and got some wicked cool pants! I wanted to buy like 50 pairs!! I'll send a picture of them, they are awesome! its the little things that make your life that much better here in the ccm. The days are long... but fast... good... yet bad all at the same time. But I absolutely love it here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! This work is great, the spirit is strong, and I'm loving every second of it! I love you all and I hope you have the best week ever! Adios!

Hermana Higham
The houses that we teach at.


The CCM!


Me at a house that we teach at!



Me and the other Hermana's.


My buddies and I.


My name tag!
Weird fruit that we have to eat. It looks like fish eggs!


Me and the South America map.

No comments:

Post a Comment