.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Thursday, June 11, 2015

ESPANOL PALABRAS


     Well hello there everybody!!! Sooooo pretty much this week was just like any other week here in the CCM, but it was a great one none the less! This mtc is probably one of the best mtcs to come to because they let you take siestas whenever you want, they have a movie going on constantly, AND they have a cotton candy machine! Hahaha psych! That was all a lie and very far from the truth! But I love it here even if they don't have those things haha. It's been a great week for sure! I finally feel like my Spanish is coming along and that I can keep up a very awkward and broken conversation with the Latinos so yayyyy! Except sometimes they ask me random questions and I don't know what they're saying so I just stand and smile at them and say "mi espanol es mal". It's pretty funny. But all the Latinas here are really nice so they just laugh along at me haha. Its a good time!
     
     Ahhhhh! so today we had the chance to go to the temple again like we do every week and after we went to Totus to get some snacks- I bought some pringles, oreos, and powerade and I couldn't be more excited to eat them in a very short period of time... hahaha - and stuff, and while we were waiting in line to buy it, there was a man in front of us so me and my companion just saw it as a chance to practice our Spanish so we started talking to him AND HE SPOKE ENGLISH so pretty much it was the best days of our lives! We told him a little about the church and he seemed way interested! He asked when and where we meet, he asked for contact information, and we gave him a pamphlet so yay for us! We also got his number! He was honestly the nicest person ever and I am very upset we didn't have a Book of Mormon with us. He was so nice - he says he likes to travel to America and wants to go to Idaho someday and just eat potatoes which is funny because they have like a thousand different kinds of potatoes here in Peru. But he was awesome. So yeah, we felt pretty awesome after that and just talked to so many people when we were done! The people here are just so nice!! It's crazy! I hope Bolivians are this wonderful! haha. Except there was this one guy on the bus today that wanted nothing to do with us and it was way awkward. He didn't even laugh at our jokes... but we slipped a pass along card on his lap before he left. It was just a great day. AND THE SUN IS ACTUALLY OUT TODAY WHICH NEVER REALLY HAPPENS! So yes, there is mucho sunshine in my soul today!! Also, I got to the laundry first today so you could say that it has been a stellar day.
     
     Anyways, what else did I do this week... ooo! We were able to watch Elder Tom Perry's funeral live which was pretty awesome! Usually we watch stuff like that on taped delay, but the 12 made sure that everyone had the chance to watch it live so that was a good time! Heaven sure gained a fantastic missionary!!
     
     So one accomplishment this week was that me and Hermana park went into a lesson with absolutely no notes to teach a lesson and we totally rocked it! The spirit was so strong, we were able to say everything that we wanted to, and it was just overall a great lesson! It's crazy how the spirit works through you and allows you to teach in a language that you only know like 3 words in. The gift of tongues is so real!! Except I only really know how to bear my testimony and pray in Spanish, so when people ask me about real life things that aren't church related, I get way confused haha. But anyways, it was a great lesson! But hahahah kay so this last lesson we started fresh with a new investigator named Jorge and we were teaching him about God and prayer and such and when Hermana park was demonstrating a prayer,  he started copying everything she was saying in this creepy whisper and we both just LOST IT! Hahaha it was bad!! And I looked up at him and he was just smiling from ear to ear he thought he was so funny. Sometimes it's hard to have our teachers as investigators 'cause we know them so well and he's just such a funny person that it's hard hahaha so that was bad, but don't worry, we were able to bring the spirit back before we left. Silly Hermano Janampa. He really is one of the funniest people I have ever met. One time he told us to meet outside by the tables and so when we walked out there he was just sitting and humming the star wars theme song and when we got to him he just said "Luke, yo soy tu padre" liiiiike I was laughing so hard! He makes learning Spanish fun and it allows us to not be serious missionary robots all the time hahaha. My district is honestly so awesome and we are constantly having a good time! We have this new hobby where we just have like a half hour where we just sing hymns and primary songs, and Elder Riddick is like a pro at beat boxing so he beat boxes while we sing primary songs and it sounds SICK!! Like we're going to have a YouTube channel when we get home, get discovered, and make a CD it's gonna be tight. We're gonna be called District 110. Except we don't have the primary songs in English so we struggle to remember the words, but its still a good time. We kill childs prayer every time. You could say we're pretty cool I guess. Hahaha
     
     Oooo! Another random thing that happened this week is we had a very VERY mini earthquake which was exciting. Hahaha. What else... oooo Sunday was testimony meeting and it was absolutely amazing! I said as much as I could in Spanish and finished it off with some English. It was great. The spirit is so strong here and I am definitely surrounded by a bunch of amazing people! I definitely wouldn't want to be anywhere else!! I LOVE it here! It breaks my heart that a lot of my buddies are leaving me next Tuesday and that next week I'm going to be advanced (avansados.... we call them avocados) so weird. Time is flying by, I'm always tired, always hungry, and Spanish is hard, but I absolutely love it. It's definitely tough,  but I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve and be a representative of Christ. It is honestly the best thing ever having his name over my heart at all times on my name tag. Ah. The work is great and I am loving it. I love and miss you all! Keep writing me and sending me pictures, I love hearing from you!!! Have a wonderful week!!


Hermana Higham


Gotta love temple pictures!


More temple pics


We finally found a bus where we didn't have to squish together! It was a whole new experience



No comments:

Post a Comment