.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, September 27, 2015

3rd Cambio. 3rd Area. 3rd Companion

Wowowowowwwwww the mission is just all sorts of surprises! So first off I just thought I would let you know that I have been transferred AGAIN and I am now in Santa Cruz. QUE EN EL MUNDO!! Our flight was at 8:30 this morning and it was the worst thing of my life haha. I just want an area longer than 6 weeks, thats all I want! I was like 500 percent sure that I was going to stay in Paraiso because Hermana Arave was leaving, but I guess not! My new companion is Hermana Nahuel from Chile and she is great! Santa cruz is sooo different from Tarija, it's so hot, humid, and the wind here is insane! It picks up the dirt and the dirt just flies into your skin and its probably the most painful thing ever haha. This will definitely be an adventure!

So let me tell you about this past week. On Tuesday I went on an intercambio with Hermana Cabana and it was great except for no one was in their house BUT it was still great and I learned a lot from her! Then on Friday morning we got a call from president saying that we wanted us to go with the other Hermanas in Paraiso and we really didn't know why, but we did it anyways, so I went with Hermana Morrocco for a few hours on Friday which was good! But then this past week we were frantically trying to find a house and on Saturday we received a phone call that we only needed to look for a house for 2 Hermanas soooo then it made sense- they were shutting down one of the areas. So words cannot express the anxiety knowing that 2 of us would stay and one of us would go, and I did not think it was going to be me, but here I am hahaha. Crazy how that works right? It was funny, everyone was saying goodbye to Hermana Arave yesterday and then to me it was like "see you next week". So sad. I've decided that I'm not going to get attached to people just in case I get switched again haha. I'm just hoping and praying that the other Hermanas treat my investigators well!

Let me just tell you about Lucinda. So we only had one visit with her this week and I wasn't there, it was Hermana Arave and Romero and remember how she didn't want to be baptized till May, yeah well they got her to accept this Saturday and I was freaking the freak out. I was so shocked! And a little nervous cause we still had a bunch of lessons to teach her and I was still unsure that she has a true testimony. She doesn't read or pray so I was so nervous! But we were going to try to visit her everyday to make sure she was ready buuuuut she left somewhere and we don't know when she's coming back soooo I'm not sure that baptism is going to be happening this week haha. But she's great. And her dog is just as scary as ever. We had another horrifying experience with it! The gate was closed and the dog was behind it so we thought we were safe, then all of a sudden the wind blows so hard that the gate comes open and out runs killer Jack and I literally saw my life flash before my eyes hahaha. But I survived so it's all good.

This last week was just really weird. Lots of intercambios, lots of not wanting Hermana Arave to leave me, lots of bug bites, and lots of stress about the house and the area. It was pretty crazy. But now I'm just in Santa Cruz and don't have to worry about all that anymore so thats always a blessing!

So hey have you guys ever heard of the red balloon? There's one in Sandy... anyways, so I met the dad of the owner of red balloon. He lives here in Bolivia and he is probably the coolest person ever! So if you have the chance to go there, let me know what it's like hahaha. Also, you guys should go to Hermana Arave's homecoming this Sunday! She's awesome!

I don't have a cool quote for you guys this week, my notebook is somewhere in my frantically packed luggage that I have yet to unpack. So just pretend that I just told you a way cool quote and inspired you to change your life.

Anyways, this keyboard is really hard to type on so I'm going to call this good. I love you all so very much and hope you all have a wonderful week!!

With love,
Hermana Higham

No comments:

Post a Comment