.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Friday, September 11, 2015

A Week Full Of Surprises

Well hello all you lovely people! So this week was definitely different than a lot of other weeks here out in good ol' Bolivia!! First of all, the weather here is absolutely unpredictable. The beginning of the week was SOO hot and we were constantly sweating, which was super gross. Then halfway through the week it took a 180 turn and it was way cold and I had to pull my coats and winter clothes out again. Oh Bolivia. Haha. Also, fun story, so pretty much us 3 gringas in our house were sick. From Thursday to Saturday we were suuuper sick and yesterday we were still on our way to recovery. We thought we had food poisoning, but we're still not sure but it was brutal hahaha. We were bedridden on Thursday and Friday and we could only leave for a few hours on Saturday. It's been rough! And what really stinks is that we missed our fun activity we planned in the church on Thursday and we had to put the elders in charge of it which was pretty horrifying because, well, elders. Haha just kidding, they did great and we heard that we had over 80 people there and there were a lot of non member friends there! These activities are working and we're getting so many new people to teach! It's great! Our acitivity this week is going to rock the socks off of everybody, we're having a night of desserts where people are going to bring treats and the winner of the best dessert gets a prize, so we're pretty excited about that one haha! Another bummer of being sick is that we missed our interviews with president... ha... it's fine, I've only been waiting my whole mission to hear some personal and inspiring words from him. But he was able to come over and give us blessings which I am so grateful for! He and Hermana Willard are the best in the world! Can't wait for my interview with him in 3 months! Haha. But don't worry mom, I am feeling a lot better today!! 


Another crazy thing happened, they took Hermana Dolbin from us this morning! She had an emergency transfer and a few people were all switched around this morning so now there are no longer 3 gringas in our house. I knew it was too good to be true, I guess we were just having a little too much fun! I just don't know what I'm going to do when people don't randomly get taken out of my life in the middle of a transfer! Haha the mission life is just always so full of surprises! But hey, I guess that's what keeps things exciting right?


We weren't able to meet with a lot of people this week because of the illness, but it was still a great week none the less! We had an amazing conference with President and Hermana Willard about Light and it was beautiful. I always leave those conferences feeling so edified and wonderful! The gospel is just so wonderful and I want to shout it from the rooftops! 


So this week, I have really grown closer to my savior Jesus Christ. Through this super fun and exciting sickness, I have come to learn a little bit more about the atonement of Jesus Christ. Here is a fun quote that I was able to come across this week in my studies:


"There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the Savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we may cry out, 'no one knows what it is like. no one understands.'But the son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He has felt and borne our individual burdens."
-David Bednar


He knows exactly what each and every one of us are going through at each moment of every day. He knows our pains, our weaknesses, our sufferings, but he also knows our joys. He is the only person who knows you perfectly and knows exactly how you feel. I love my savior with all of my heart and I am eternally grateful for his atoning sacrifice and love. He lives!!


I hope you all are having a wonderful life! I am loving life down here in Bolivia and wouldn't want to be anywhere else! Thank you for all your love and support! Have a wonderful week!! Love you all!



Hermana Higham


So once upon a time we had a family home evening with some members and the man says “would you like to meet my grandfather Juan?” and of course I was like WHOA yeah I do he’s probably like 140 years old!! Well…. Then he walks in with this box… and.. well… I met juan…. Hahaha it was one of the funniest things that has happened that’s for sure. Oh Bolivia!

We said goodbye to Hermana Dolbin

No comments:

Post a Comment