.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Wonderful Week In Paraiso

So just thought I'd let you know that Paraiso in Spanish is paradise so pretty much I am just living in paradise and can I just say that I am SO blessed!! My companion is seriously the greatest person in the entire world and I am SO blessed to have her! Wow I can't even express how great it is to have a Gringa companion! Her name is Hermana Arave and she is from Utah! This is her last transfer of her mission so I will be killing her off and we are planning on working sooo hard this transfer! She is so willing to work and I have already learned so much from her! She is wonderful and ahh I am so blessed! 


So Paraiso is sooo different from Tabladita! Tabladita was like neighborhood, calm, small town area and Paraiso is in like the city so it's pretty different and I'm still trying to figure out the lesson so I don't get lost haha. It's absolutely beautiful! And I am going to love the people here! Our area is close to the university here so there are a LOT of young people roaming the streets which is awesome! Our ward is so young and fun! It's great! But I've realized that the dogs are a lot more mean here! Within the first day I had almost been bit by 2 dogs!! So scary! Silly Bolivia things. Also, our Pensionista is the Bishops wife and can I just say that they are the nicest, most wonderful people in the entire world and she makes SUCH YUMMY FOOD! Ah, it is sooo good and I am just so blessed! 


We have this one investigator named Lucinda and she is just the cutest thing in the entire world! She's 17, doesn't have any religious background, speaks minimal Spanish, but speaks FLUENT Ketchawa (I don't think I spelled that right) and she hasn't lived with her family since she was 12 and lives with this old woman that she works for who happens to be a member! She is so cute! And she wears original Bolivian clothes and it's so cute! She has had a hard life so we keep emphasizing on how she is a daughter of God and how much he loves her!! She just needs so much love and we are so grateful for the chance we have to help her feel the love her Heavenly Father has for her! 


We also have this recent convert named Alex who is just absolutely amazing! He has just absorbed the gospel and he is just so great! He is already blessing the sacrament and he's preparing himself to receive his patriarchal blessing and he's only been a member for a few weeks! he's great!!


We have this less active member that is a little special needs and she is just so precious, we love her! Whenever we visit her we always just sing hymns and read the scriptures with her and it is just so cute! I am just falling in love with all of the people we are working with and I love it here, but it is definitely hard! Because there are so many young people it's so hard to find families to teach and to find people that are interested, but we are trying our best to work hard and find all those that are ready and willing to receive this incredible gospel! 

So these past few days have been fun, I have been struck with another sickness and have been bedridden for the past two days, but my fever is gone today and I am feeling a lot better so I am on my way to recovery which is such a blessing! I just wish my stomach would just hurry and just adjust to all of the Bolivia things here already, it is the worrrrst having to stay inside all day. I just feel so helpless and awful just resting all day. But I'm hoping this week I'll recover fully and get to work and find so many people!! But can I just say how grateful I am that I had a gringa companion through this so I could explain my symptoms and have her understand!!! Ah. So many blessings!! 


That's pretty much is for the week! This past week was pretty crazy full of change, but I have loved every second of it. I'm so excited to spend these next 5 weeks working super hard with Hermana Arave and helping so many people come unto Christ and feel of his everlasting love! "Love is the very essence of the gospel, and Jesus Christ is our exemplar, His life was a legacy of love." - Thomas S. Monson. 


I love you all so much! Thank you so much for you love, prayers, and support! STAY SAFE (STEPHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  and have a wonderful week!!


Hermana Higham

My wonderful zone

No comments:

Post a Comment