.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I've Been Voted Off The Island

Yup, it´s true, I have been voted off the island of Tabladita! I am now in the lovely area of Paraiso with a GRINGA companion!!! It doesn´t even seem like real life! We got the call last night at like 10:27 and I got switched this morning which was a HUGE shocker!! I thought I was going to stay in Tabladita for sure! But I guess there are other places I need to be! It was definitely hard saying goodbye to Hermana  Park... again... living with her was like a dream haha. But now I'm with a gringa companion AND I'm living with Hermana Dolbin from the CCM. I AM SO BLESSED IT IS INSANE!!! What even is life?! 


Anyways, this past week was pretty crazy! I had a companionship exchange on Tuesday and went with Hermana Rivera for a day and boy is she a hoot! It was good to see a different area and see how she works and does things. It was a really good time! Then on Wednesday we had a meeting with Presidente and Hermana Willard and I mean it when I say WOOOWWW they are the best mission parents in the entire world! You all have to meet them someday because they are the nicest people ever! It was with all of us newbies, so we got to talk to them about our problems, concerns, and questions which was sooo nice and very much needed for all of us! I always feel so spiritually uplifted after those meetings! Then on Thursday it was 6 de Agosto, Bolivias Independence day!! Ahhh I wish I could have not been a missionary for one day just so I could have enjoyed all the fun festivities! They always have this big activity with 2 stakes where they have lunch and dances and such, but we only got to eat the lunch. One day I'm going to come back for this lovely holiday because Bolivia is just so cute. I saw videos of their cute little dances and woww this place has culture! Haha.


Sooo pretty much I am convinced I've gained weight because I eat ALL THE TIME. It's such a problem. Also, we had pizza like twice this past week, and we've probably eaten 20 pb's and j's. Poor Hermana Morales, she thinks us gringas are so weird for eating pizza and sandwiches all the time. Latinas. hahaha. 

So Miriam is still just so awesome! Except she didn't come to church this past week and it made me way sad, especially since I haven't seen her since like Tuesday and now I wont see her! Breaks my heart. I'm still hoping things work out with her and she gets baptized soon! It's just the spouse that's the problem, but we're still praying for her!! It just makes me sad that I wont be with her again! Tabladita will always have a special place in my heart and I hope I get to go back there someday, when I can actually speak Spanish and talk to those fun hooligans. My ward was so just weird hahaha. I'm going to miss all the weird things, like the Bishops son breathing in the microphone for 15 minutes until church starts. That's always a hoot hahaha.

This week had a lot of things going on, but I literally can't really remember what happened haha. Just a whole lot of walking, a whole lot of being stood up by investigators (so sad hahaha) a whole lot of crazy drunk people everywhere (don't worry mom, I'm safe, most of the drunk people are just way funny anyways hahaha) but just a whole lot of work! Wow is my mission a walking mission! I should have brought one of those step counter things cause I would sure get a lot of steps! I'm excited to see if my area is as big as Tabladita, I guess we'll find out! Anyways, that's pretty much all for the week! Sorry this email was kinda lame, just a lot happened and I'm super tired and am sick of typing hahahahahahahaha. Anyways, I love you all, I love this work, and I just still can't believe this is real life! I had a fun quote for yall this week, but I forgot my notebook so next week! Thanks for all your love and support!!! Write meee!

Hermana higham



We love our ice cream cones!

I loved living with them

Sad to leave her behind

We got a giant pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment