.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hi

Holllllllllaaaaa. Sooo first of all WHAT EVEN WAS THIS PAST WEEK I FELT LIKE IT WAS LIKE TWO SECONDS LONG! And I can't even really remember all that even happened, but I'm going to try to remember! First of all, this past weeks weather has been the biggest blessing! It has been cloudy and rainy and COOL and I can actually not be as gross all the time, it's great! The only problem is walking through mud and puddles all day, but I'll take it for the weather! It's been wonderful!

Here's some random Bolivia facts for ya:
- so I saw a dog giving birth the other day and I have never been so traumatized in my life. And we were knocking on a door waiting for someone to answer and the dog decided to lay right next to us. Wow. it was so fun! hahhaha
-you would not believe how many random shoes there are in the streets. Like every 5 steps I feel like, there is a shoe just laying there. I haven't quite firgured it out quite yet WHY, but it's just... weird hahaha
-So there a bunch of litle store type things (like a snack shack kinda) and usually when people want something and the person isn't there they knock or say SENORA. Well, we were walking past one and there was a small child yelling Senora, but with like an echo effect and I could not stop laughing! "senora....enora.... nora...ora..." for like five minutes straight. Definitely made me smile after a long day of walking haha!
-we were in a micro the other day and man was that thing PACKED. I was literally hanging out the door holding on for dear life, it was pretty crazy but also really hilarious, especially when other people tried to squish on. There is no such thing as personal space here. hahaha


So let me get you up to date on Marilyn, so this past week we were a little worried that she was going to get back with her ex boyfriend and we did not want that! So we were like AHHH what do we do! BUT a miracle happened! We went over to her house one night and she was just SO sad, apparently her boy had said some mean things to her so we gave her lots and comfort and helped her realize that there is someone out there that will treat her with respect and will help her stay close to her savior. And she even said through her tears "I hurt, but I know that He knows the pain that I am going through, so that is helping me through it" WOW. She is awesome!!! She still hasn't accepted a day for baptism BUT we're hoping she does tonight! She's amazing! And is still teaching me words in Portuguese haha. 


Aaaand thats prettyy much it as investigators go, we haven't been able to find the other investigators we had before I got here. And its rough, not going to lie. We've been working really hard to find others to teach, but its not really working out. BUT I haven't lost faith! I feel like the Lord is working on me right now to make me worthy of the miracles and blessings that await us in this area! And I have very high hopes for this week and know that something great is going to happen! 


Also, General Conference was amazing!! Wow!! And I'm so grateful that they let us watch it in English!! They put all of us gringas in a little room with a tv so we could actually understand what was going on. It was amazing! And I definitely did not want it to end! If you didn't have the chance to watch it I definitely encourage you to do so! Those men are called of God and I know without a doubt they are representatives of Jesus Christ. And I definitely learned a lot about what I need to change, and that I need to ponderize a word every week. I'm stil laughing about that word.  Ponderize. haha.

Anyways, thats pretty much it for the week! I love you and and I hope that you are all doing well!! Have a wonderful week and always remember how much I love you all!

"As we extend our hands and hearts towards others in christlike love, something wonderful happens to us. Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

With love,
Hermana Higham

No comments:

Post a Comment