.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, October 25, 2015

¡Tengo gozo en mi alma hoy!

HOLA AMIGOS!

So I would just like to start out and say that WOW this week was something else! First of all, Marilyn cannot be baptized this next Saturday because she didn't come to church on Sunday. NOOO. And on Saturday when we met with her we could just see that she wasn't quite ready yet and needs a little more time. As soon as we put a date with her we could see that satan was working really hard on her and she started to fall. But we're hoping to help her back up this week! And in a way it's kind of a blessing that she isn't being baptized on Saturday because on Sunday we found out that it's going to be some sort of transmission this next Sunday so she wouldn't have been able to receive the holy ghost for a whole week and that could have been bad so I guess in a way it is a blessing. But I know without a doubt that she is going to be baptized. She is amazing and has such a great desire to follow Christ. I just love her with all of my heart and I may or may not have told her to come visit me next November when I get home. She said she's going to pray about it hahahaha. Love her.

Also, some other fun news, I LOST MY VOICE. Try shouting the gospel from the rooftops with a lost voice! It was super hard and I may not have talked much and just smiled at people, but my voice is slowly coming back and still feels like there are knives in there, but I'll be back to shouting the truthfulness of the gospel in no time! I'm just oh so grateful that I brought my yummy cough drops from home because the ones here are EW. Haha

This past week we had a conference with president and Hermana Willard and WOW I know I say this a lot but they are amazing! We focused on the talk by Uchtdorf in the General Womens Sesssion and it was amazing! If you haven't read it I highly encourage you to do so! We all came out of there edified and this past week I have been looking for sunshine instead of rain (it's just a metaphor, I want it to rain it's so hot here haha). One quote that I absolutely love from that is "As you walk along your own bright path of discipleship, I pray that faith will fortify every footstep along your way; that hope will open your eyes to the glories Heavenly Father has in store for you; and that love for God and all His children will fill your hearts."

Also, funny story, so once upon a time we got a text message during church from our Pensionista saying that there was an accident at home and wouldn't be able to make us lunch. First of all, we were freaking out because she didn't say what kind of accident. Second of all, I thought I was going to starve because I only had one apple and one small package of cookies in the apartment that had to last me till we went shopping. Words cannot describe the worry. But then the bishop came to our rescue and was able to feed us (I think the elders were left to eat at their houses. hahahaha us hermanas are spoiled) and then I realized how extremely GRATEFUL I am for our Pensionistas and how I will never complain about the mountain of rice ever again! You never realize what you have until its gone. hahaha

That's pretty much it for the week! We're still trying to find those that are prepared to receive this beautiful message of the restored gospel! I'm not going to lie, it's hard out here. There are ups and downs and at times it seems like there are more downs. But I know that I am not out here alone. I know that I have heavenly father on my right side and my savior on my left lifting me up and helping me with this work. This isn't my work, this is His work, and never have I ever felt His love for me more fully than I have out here in the mission. I hope you all know that you are LOVED and have so much worth in the eyes of our Heavenly Father. HE LOVES YOU. And he is always there to help you and lift you up, all you have to do is come unto him. I love you all and I hope you have the best week ever! Stay safe! And eat lots of Chickfila for me!

C
on mucho amor,

Hermana Higham

No comments:

Post a Comment