.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Blessed in Los Olivos

Hello everyone! So first of all, I just want to say that this week has been the craziest week ever and so much has change and WAAH. So long story short, there were some things going on in the mission so for five days I was on an exchange with Hermana Wilson which was amazing! She is so cute and I consider her my adopted companion for sure! We were in her area for a majority of the time and in my area for one day. And boy are we able to testify of the gift of tongues!! She has one less transfer than I do so the Spanish thing is a little rough but we were able to teach powerful lessons and understand all that people were telling us. Except one of her investigators was asking us really weird questions about anti christs and stuff so we were just kinda like uhhhhh we´ll answer these questions tomorrow haha it was a weird time. But it was awesome just being able to be with a gringa! She had a baptism in her area this past Saturday so that was fun to go to! It was beautiful being able to watch someone come unto Christ through their first covenant with God. He was weeping throughout his whole baptism and it was so precious! Also, we had this broadcast thing for church this past week and Elder Anderson spoke and I´m not going to lie, it was pretty funny watching him trying to say his talk in Spanish... he had a french accent and it was pretty funny. And then I remember when I first started this whole Spanish journey and how I probably still sound so gringa hahaha. At least I´m not learning like Korean or something or I would be toastttt. hahahaha.

Anyways, so some fun news. Last night I got a new companion! And you are never going to guess who it is! It's.... (drum roll please...) ... HERMANA NEWBOLD!! She's from my mtc group and I love her to death!! She's from South Jordan Utah, went to Bingham, is 23, and is just the cutest thing ever. I'm so excited to work hard with her and get my area up and going! It has so much potential and I'm so glad that I get to stay! Transfers aren't until next Monday so we're hoping this isn't just a week thing and that we get to stay with each other for a transfer haha. I AM SO BLESSED IT'S INSANE!!

That's pretty much it for the week and I want to end with a GRAND lesson that I learned this past week. And this lesson is to LOVE EVERYONE AROUND YOU. Whether it's people you pass in the grocery store or people that you are really close to, LOVE THEM. Express your love for them as much as you can. Everyone is going through a trial of some sort and everyone needs help through these trials, so show them how much you love and care about them. Serve them!  I read a quote this week that changed my life
"I have wept in the night
for the shortness of sight
that to somebody's need made me blind;
but i never have yet
felt a tinge of regret
for being a little to kind"
LOVE EVERYONE. BE KIND. SERVE. That is the advice that i have for all of you! I love you all with all of my heart! I hope you all know how much worth you have and how precious you are in the eyes of God! He loves you! I love you! I hope you all have a wonderful week! I know i will! Love you all and talk to you so soon!

With love
Hermana Higham


The cool dinosaur plant!

Hermana Newbold and I. We are cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment