.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Friday, November 27, 2015

6 MONTHS

Well hi so time is literally flying soooooooo fast it's insane! It's so crazy to think that I'm already 1/3 of the way done with my mission! WHAT IS LIFE. We celebrated our 6 months with a cake. It was so yummy. It was like almond or something. Not that you guys really care about the flavor. Ha.

So this week was pretty exciting and we had some CRAZY miracles!!

So we met with Magdalena twice this last week (the one that was listening to the Jehovas Witnesses) and we were talking about how she hasn't quite gotten an answer yet so we invited her to pray in that moment if the Book of Mormon is true and to take a pause and just focus on her feelings. And her being so cute and honestly wanting to find out, she did it. And throughout that prayer me and Hermana Newbold were just praying so hard PLEASE LET HER FEEL SOMETHING. And after the prayer she just BEAMED. She gets really giggly when she gets happy so she just started giggling and said that she felt something just go through her. WHAT. The church is so true!! We talked to her about it and asked if she thought it was her answer and she said yes! So she's getting baptized!!!!!.... Buuuuut she's leaving to the campo this week (the outskirts of Bolivia where there is literally NOTHING) to visit her parents and she won't be back till January. WHYYYYYYY. So we set a date for when she gets back, but it's just still frustrating. But it comforts me knowing that she knows. And every time we visit her and whenever she prays with us she can feel the spirit so strong and just giggles and says "the spirit!". It's so cute! and she hates when we leave 'cause she doesn't want the spirit to go with us. I just hope and pray that she remembers her experience while she's gone! But it truly was a MIRACLE.

We were also able to meet with pimpi and she is just so cute! We had a miracle with her this week and she just opened up about everything in her life which has really helped us find her needs! We also got her daughter to sit in with us in a lesson and she looks more white than I do! She has like blonde hair and green eyes... they're definitely not from Bolivia that's for sure hahaha. But she's great and always gives us free yummy bread so we just love her haha.

Marilyn is also doing good! And she came to church! The only problem with her is that she's so lazy haha. It's the only thing holding her back, but she's great. She knows for a fact that the church is true and we're just working on her to get that habit of getting to church Sunday mornings. Which is going to be hard when it switches to 8 next year instead of 10 so AHHH. But all is well haha.

Juana, our 83 year old less active is still cute as ever! We went and visited her this week and she just melts my heart. She was feeling sick this past week and couldn't walk and it broke my heart 'cause she was just in so much pain. But she was so cute still. We asked her if us reading the Book of Mormon would help her feel better and she said yes so we read and sang for her. Then we told her to go rest and she said "I can sleep well now that you've read and sang to me" SO CUTE!!  I just want to pack her in my suitcase and take her home! She's my cute Bolivian grandma.

Janet Russell, our other less active from Spain is doing great as well! She's starting to open up to us and show more interest, and her son is too and he's so funny! We think he has some sort of disability, but he's so funny and so smart! We just have so many cute people in this area and I never want to leave EVER.

We found a new investigator looking for our other one and she is so sweet! She's 18 and just loves our visits and even came to church! She's so sweet and we're hoping things go well with her!


Here are some other random facts for the week:
- We went back to the apartment one night and found a little cockroach friend in our food and it was horrifying and while my companion fled for safety I was brave and I squished that cockroach and it was horrifying and the juice went everywhere. So fun. hahaha
- We visited a 92 year old member and it was so fun. we just sat there, talked about the gospel while eating cake, fanning ourselves with Bolivian fans, and drinking coca cola. So classy. hahaha. She told us how she just used to be so hot and how the men would always whistle at her. Oh Elsa haha.
- We literally run from lesson to lesson Wednesday and Friday nights because it's the only night that anyone can ever meet hahaha. We get to lessons PANTING.
-Some angelic Bolivian woman gave us free bolos(they're kinda like otter pops) the other day when it was soooo hot.
- People are always burning their trash here so theres always random fires on the side of the street so we came up with a cool band name -Trashfire. hahahaha so lame but so cool

That's pretty much it for the week! Things are going great out here in good ol Bolivia and I wouldn't trade this time for anything! I love this area and I hope I never get transferred ever! I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving this week and eat lots of yummy foods and pie for me this week! Mmmmm pie. And remember to always be grateful for all that you have and to serve others who might not have as much! I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! oh. and P.S. I'm turning 20 this week and I feel so gross about it. Hahahaha LOVE YOU ALL.
Con mucho amor
Hermana Higham
6 months!!!

6 MONTHS!

Our beautiful cake that we bought!

I squished a cockroach! Gross!!

No comments:

Post a Comment