.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Tweeennnnntttttyyyyyyy

HI I'M NOW A WRINKLY GREY HAIRED 20 YEAR OLD SO THATS FUN. My birthday was oh so wonderful and I was so SPOILED! I felt so loved! My companion spoiled me with birthday surprises and my pensionista and her family just spoiled me! They made us BURGERS and FRIES for lunch and she made me a CAKE and the children made me put on all sorts of birthday attire and blew up balloons and my favorite four year old shoved my face into the cake and it was just all around a good time. They are like my second family and I'm trying to get them to move to America so I can visit them easier because I love them so much hahaha.

Anyways, so this week was pretty weird! Haha. So first of all I got like this weird eye infection, at first I thought that it was pink eye, but then my eyes like hurt so bad so we were in the house a little this week because i just couldn't see. And it wouldn't have been that big of a problem, but with all the bright sun and all the wind blowing dirt everywhere it was a problem haha. I looked pretty scary with my puffy eyes hahahahaha wish you all could have seen it. But it's all good now and now I can see. So yay! haha.

UMMMM SO OTHER FUN FACT! Marilyn's baptism is THIS SATURDAY and I never thought I would live to see the day she actually gets baptized! She's so excited and she is wayyyy prepared! Like when we go to teach her she ends up teaching us haha. So we're really excited to help her make this covenant and one day she's just going to be the general relief society president or something because she is so powerful. WOW. Yeah. So please just pray for her this week!

Sooooo funny story. So remember our less active Janet Russell? Well this past week we had a fun experience trying to figure out if she was actually a member and was actually baptized. She kept saying stuff that would make us question it like "I'm deathly afraid of water" and "to be a member is just to go for a while" but it turns out that she actually was baptized because she told us about how the elders with name tags dunked her in water as she was wearing white clothes. So yeah she was baptized. We were such good detectives though sneakily trying to figure out all of this information. Hahahaha. The struggle is real.

So Juana. Cute cute Juana. She is just the cutest thing ever and I just want to take her with me she's so cute! One day after we had read the scriptures with her and sang she was just saying some silly things and we were laughing SOOOO hard and they really aren't that funny, it's just the fact that she's laughing so hard with her no teeth that just gets us every time hahaha. And then in her prayer she said "Father, please forgive us for making jokes and laughing hard, we were just having a good time" hahahahaha she's so cute.

So this is just a random story, but I just have to throw it in here. So one day at lunch Hermana Derly made us some meat and holy cow (haha) it was the HARDEST PIECE OF MEAT WE HAVE EVER TRIED TO EAT. And we just couldn't not eat it because it's disrespectful so we literally chewed that meat for like an hour trying to eat it and it was probably one of the hardest trials of the mission thus far. And then when we finally finished that, she gave us some rotten watermelon that we sneakily fed to the dogs. Ohhhh Bolivia hahaha. 


Anyways that's pretty much it for the week! I am loving my time here in Bolivia and we are seeing so many miracles happen! I am so blessed to be here serving this wonderful yet crazy people of Bolivia! I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving and shoved your faces! Eat lots of peppermint shakes for me this christmas season! And enjoy the snow while I'm getting nice and bronze in this Bolivian sun! haha :) Love you all have a wonderful week!
Con mucho amor
Hermana higham
P.S. THE ELDER JUST HANDED ME A PACKAGE AND I JUST GOT SO HAPPY AND EVERYONE IS SO JEALOUS THANK YOU LOVE YOUUUUU
OH AND BY THE WAY ONE OF MY INVESTIGATORS FROM MY FIRST AREA (remember mateo?) JUST GOT BAPTIZED YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Soooo this is our adorable cute Juana that I talk about each week, she waves at us every time we leave and it is just THE CUTEST THING EVER! I want to take her home with me haha

Bolivia gets deep.

My companion made me pancakes for my birthday! She's the best!

Partying with my Bolivian friends!

I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment