.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, December 13, 2015

She Got Dunked!

Hola amigos!!
So guess what! MARILYN GOT BAPTIZED!!! Yayyy! The day finally came and it was wonderful!! We visited her countless times throughout the week and she was just so excited, it was so great! She was teaching US in our lessons last week, she was so prepared! Her baptism was on Saturday and it was great, not a lot of members came which was disappointing and we almost didn't have witnesses because like no one showed up, but it all worked out! And she was so cute and didn't even care who was there to support her. She was just so excited to make this covenant with Heavenly Father, she's so cute! But not going to lie, the baptismal service was hilarious. We asked some girls in the ward to do a musical number and only one of them showed up so me and Hermana Newbold volunteered to sing and we thought the one that was there was going to sing with us them BOOM she pulls out a recorder on us and starts playing so me and Hermana Newbold sang as this skreetchy recorder was being played. I was trying so hard not to laugh hahahaha. Then while she was changing they played these cheeeesier than cheese church videos and I wanted to die hahahahaha. But it was a wonderful experience none the less and we're soooo excited for our cute little Marilyn. Now we just have to find her an eternal companion. Theres a missionary coming home in the ward in like a week so we're hoping to make some magic happen there. Hahahahaha. Just kidding. But really. Hahaha.

So funny story about opening the package last Monday. We go to our pensionista right after lunch so I had my package and they were like EEEEK OPEN IT and they brought out this huge knife and just start cutting and bubble wrap and candy was just flying everywhere and there was just a whole bunch of chaos! It was so fun! They were so cute and I just want to send them packages all the time when I get home! haha. Also, she took us shopping after lunch and I may or may not have bought some awesome cheetah leggings while my companion bought grandma dresses. Hahahaha.

So just some other funny stories so yesterday we're just sitting in ward counsel just having a good ol time then all of a sudden something FALLS FROM THE AIR CONDITIONER FAN THINGY (yeah, Bishop is way lucky and has AC. Theres never AC here haha) and at first we were like eh, it was probably just a dust bunny or something THEN THESE COCKROACHES JUST START SCURRYING AROUND EVERYWHERE and there was one on Bishops arm and me and my companion were like AHH and no one else even cared! Like I guess they're just used to having cockroaches on their arms. This happened a few times until they finally decided to turn it off haha. Then during church this ginormous moth flies in and starts fluttering around the conductors face and she was like freaking out and no one else gave any bothers. The bugs here are going mad! Hahaha Only in Bolivia my friends. Hahaha.

Well, I promise we had a bunch of spiritual experiences this week too and we saw lots of people. But ehhhh, this was fun. Anyways. That's it for the day. I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful Christmas season and are eating lots of peppermint shakes for me!! And other yummy Christmasy things! I love you all and I hope to hear from you all soon! Have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Higham
SHE GOT DUNKED!!!

Super excited to get my package!

Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment