.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Milagros En Los Olivos

Woooowowwowowwww what a week! So first of all, I have some fun news that I just can´t wait to tell you guys. MARILYN IS GETTING BAPTIZED!! What a miracle!! When we visited her last week during our lesson she was just talking away about how wonderful God is and just said "When am I going to be a member? November?" Our jaws dropped to the floor and I wish I could've seen our faces cause we were both is shock. And then I said "Why not the 24 of October?" And she was like 'YA' And we got really excited and celebrated with cake (because it was her birthday haha). So yayyy! She's so great and you can genuinely see the change in her. She had no desires to leave her house and party with her friends, she's living the Word of Wisdom, she got mad at us when we taught the law of chastity, but she got over it and is living it, and she wants to be more modest! She's great and also one of the funniest people I have ever met and I could not be more excited to help her make this covenant with the Lord.

We have some other investigators named Marcos and Carmen (we aren't sure if they are married...) but they are great! He has a lot of doubts about the Book of Mormon and reeeeaallly likes his bible! But I see a lot of potential in Carmen! She's always so attentive and receptive to everything so we're hoping to visit her more! It was funny though, someone had given Marcos a flyer and it was for a different church, but all of the pictures on the flyer were pictures from our church. Hahahaha they just take pictures off the internet down here and use them. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Zac Efron's face on a poster outside of a hair salon. hahaha

So once upon a time I had an intercambio with Hermana Wilson and she is awesome! But also, she has one transfer less than I do so we were always completely relying on the spirit and the gift of tongues hahaha there was only a few times we could not figure out what the people were saying, but it's because they were talking about something completely random so we're good haha. But it was super fun, she's super great and it was good to talk english for a while!

So funny story of the week, you guys probably wont think it's funny, but I'm going to tell you anyways. So close to where Marilyn lives there is this oh so super cute dog that is always just so happy! First to explain things here they have like a basket waaayy off the ground that they put their bags of garbage in so the dogs don't get it). Anyways, so we were walking past and someone had put our poor homeless doggy friend in the basket. So after laughing we took him out, gave him love, and went on our way. Then we walked past later that day and someone had put him in there again! Haha so we took him out again. I can't tell you how many times we've found the poor thing in the garbage. He's just so sweet and just sits there with his sad doggy eyes hahaha. I'm going to try to convince my president to let me keep him, we'll see how that goes hahaha.

Also, another fun thing. I had wet cement dropped on me hahaha that was a fun shower that day trying to get cement out of my hair hahaha. Oh Bolivia.

Well that's pretty much it for the day! Things are going great and I'm starting to love this crazy area. I hope you are all doing well and I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you all so soon!

With love
Hermana Higham

This is the cute dog that we found in the garbage basket

This is Marilyn (middle)

Marilyn is so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment