.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hi... it's me again

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! I hope you all had a wonderful christmas full of family time and new comfy pajamas! It was great being able to see my cute families faces (and also Paula's face). Keep being cute family!

This week was great and was a special experience to celebrate Christmas here in Bolivia. I'm a little sad I only get one crazy Bolivian Christmas, but it was definitely one I will never forget! I've never had such a loud Christmas Eve in my life. We were woken up at midnight to a WAR ZONE. Fireworks were going off EVERYWHERE it was crazy! These Bolivians really know how to party! Some members were telling us that there are even more on new years eve! So looks like I'm not getting any sleep this next Thursday hahaha. Words cannot express how much I love this crazy country haha.

So this last week was pretty great spreading Christmas cheer and such! Sadly, because of the holidays, a lot of people were out of town/busy with festivities so we weren't able to meet with a lot of people... and a lot of our golden investigators keep dropping us... but it was still a great week!

We were able to meet with one of our recent converts named Yolanda. She's been passing through some hard times with her husband and her health and she was being a little scrooge for Christmas so we decided to just smother her with Christmas fun and we even painted her toe nails (well... Hermana Newbold painted her toenails... you all know how much I love feet... hahaha) and she was just laughing the entire time. It was great just being able to help her feel happy and feel her Saviors love through her week of hardships. 

We had a MIRACLE happen this Sunday! We didn't have any investigators come to church which was a bummer... but ALL of our recent converts came (Marilyn, Yolanda, Gabriella, and Leonardo)!! AND a less active family came that we have been trying to get to go for MONTHS (Torrez fam). So that itself was a miracle! And we had another less active come with her kids and she hasn't come in MONTHS either (Skarlen)! So it was so great! We were so excited to see their cute faces in church! We have tons of less actives in this ward so we're just working hard to get them back to church!!

Just some fun Bolivia things of the week:
- Some random guy hung out of a truck and said in english "I love you. My name is Luis." So watch out boys. Luis loves me.
- There isn't an age limit on who can do fireworks so this entire week we've been trying not to get blown up by fireworks let off by small children... we've been living in a war zone I'm scared for new years... hahahahahhaha.
-Our pensionistas daughters gave us underwear for christmas... uhh... hahahaha
-We got a new guard guy a few weeks ago and he wears like this pirate black cap and bows at us every time we enter. It's a good time. He's going to be sad when we move haha
-We had an infestation of bugs this past week. The wall was like moving because there were so many. So I may or may not have went a little crazy on the bug spray and made it hard for us to breath... I just hate bugs. hahaha

That's pretty much it for the week! Oh wait! I have something for you guys to think about! This week I was reading in Omni and I just loved 26 how it says "... yeah, come unto him, and offer your WHOLE SOULS as an offering unto him..." and I want you all to think about how you can all off your whole souls as an offering to the savior! That is your homework! haha

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for the support and love that I receive from each of you! I absolutely LOVE being here and I never want to come home... ever. haha. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Higham
Cute Christmas with my cute second family in Bolivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment