.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hey Ya'll <-- My Tennessee Companion

Hoooooollllaaaaaaaaaa. Soooooooooooooo life is getting pretty fun! So once upon a time my companion is leaving me on TUESDAY and I will be getting another companion! And also, fun news, you would think I would just stay in the area right? NOPE. I'm getting transferred AGAIN. Which is like fine and I'll go where He wants me to go, but this whole packing and unpacking thing is getting old because I just have so much STUFF. I swear I'm like Grandma Downs who just can't get rid of anything... And I just keep getting more and more stuff. So I'm just going to send some stuff home so I don't have to deal with it till I get home but YOU CAN'T OPEN IT. It may have presents inside that you all can't have till I give them to you all and see your faces when you get the wicked awesome Bolivian things. Heh heh heh. So they do transfers a little differently here in California and they give you a heads up a few days earlier but they dont tell you where you're going or who you're going to be with. So right now I just know that i'm transferring. It's awesome that I get to meet more people and have more areas and such but the longest I've ever been in an area is 4ish months so this transfer I'm hoping to stay for a loooooong time. But I'm excited. I've gotten used to change and switching around places so it's not really phasing me at all haha. The only bad part is I'm scared to get close to people and just get switched really fast again so I'm trying to just love people and open up even if it will just make the goodbye harder. 

This week was a good week! Just lots of knocking doors, lots of service for our cute little old folks friends, and lots of trying to keep Hermana sane hahahaha. Sending home companions is fun. They pretty much just go insane and you just sit back and watch the madness. With our old people friends this past week we helped them make bracelets and it was super fun. They would try to do it themselves because they're so independent but then all the beads would fall and they would accept our help. So cute. Haha. 

While we were knocking on doors this past week we were able to find some realy cool people. They were really super interested in having us come back but it was cool hearing what they believe in. There was this one guy who was buddhist/native american tribe beliefs and we were like WHOA what is that? "It's a pulse. It's a heartbeat. It's LIFE. It's the flowers the sky..." and he just went off on this poetic rant and it was brilliant. I was like GIVE THIS GUY AN AWARD. There's lots of buddhists here and they always get scared when we come to their door because they don't speak very good English so they just slowly close the door as they speak Korean or something haha. What a life.

Welp, that's pretty much it for the week! We weren't able to have any lessons this last week but we have had a good week. It's just been fun being with Hermana Vega. We've been having a hoot and have met some pretty fun people. It's going to be weird being surrounded by complete strangers again this week in a new area and zone but it will be fun. People just can't keep track of me and I can barely keep track of myself. One second I'm over there, the other second over here. KEEP UP. hahaha. 

I definitely know that I'm not alone in the work. There's no way I would be able to get switched this many times and do all of the things I am doing without His divine help. I know that I have Him and angels surrounding me and that's how I have the strength to keep going. I love it out here in the mission and I wouldn't trade any of the experiences I've had for anything. Heavenly Father is teaching me so many things and is molding me into the person I have the potential to become. Although I may not like it at times, I know that if I submit to him, I will continue progressing. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you all! 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Higham

Do you see that big black thing? It's a DOG. The biggest dog bear I have ever seen!

We went to a place called Humble Bee and it was delicious. It was Hermana Vega's favorite place so we had to go before she left!

No comments:

Post a Comment