.

.
Hola! My name is Rebecca Higham and I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. I start my journey on May 19, 2015 when I report to the Peru MTC. My sweet mother will be posting my weekly letters and pictures so you can follow along with my adventure ❤

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

2 MONTHS

So lo siento if this doesn't make it to you guys. The internet is being extra bad today and I am having a really hard time getting things to work. Bolivia problems. Haha. Anyways, that was pretty much the fastest week of my entire life! Like it just feels like yesterday I was sitting in this internet place writing you all. Wow! Also, it's been exactly 2 months since I left the good ol' USA. Time is FLYING and I don't know how I feel about that! But this week was a great week and full of many wonderful things! First of all MIRIAM CAME TO CHURCH! yayyy! She is honestly so wonderful and has such a great desire to do what is write, the only thing stopping her is marriage, please pray for her! We're hoping for a miracle this week! Also, we were able to find two new wonderful families this week and they are sooo great! One of them are Mateo and Raquel and were references from a member in another area - they have been trying to get them to meet with missionaries for years now and they've finally agreed to let us come! It's a miracle!! They are wonderful and have such great faith and are not afraid to ask questions that's for sure. But they are wonderful. They are 42 and also have problems with marriage and have 2 kids that are adorable. They has such strong faith and even had a desire to come to church but couldn't come because they were both very ill, so sad. We are excited to get to know them more and keep teaching them about the gospel. The other family, Douglas and Eudalina, were also a reference from a member. They had met with missionaries a couple years ago but asked to stop the lessons. Well, we went and visited them one day and they are wonderful and so ready to receive this true and everlasting gospel. Dougla's dad died like a month ago from some illness, I don't really know what happened because Spanish, and then Eudalina is preggers with a babe that is supposed to come in a few weeks. Wowowow they are absorbing the plan so salvation when we teach it to them and have such wonderful questions! It's crazy how the Lord works in mysterious ways and how there is a perfect timing for everything. Both of these families had had the chance to hear the gospel before, but just weren't ready for it. Well, I fully believe they are both ready for it now. What a miracle! This truly is a mission full of miracles!


Also, this week was great because we had a zone conference with President and Hermana Willard and holy guacamole, I mean it when I say that they are THE MOST WONDERFUL MISSION PARENTS EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MISSION PARENTS!! I have been sooooo blessed! The conference was absolutely wonderful and so inspiring and gave us all the push we needed to get to work. We were all on a spiritual high after and it was so great. The only downfall is that the church we were in was absolutely freeeezing! It doesn't make sense, during the day it will be sooo hot, but you have to take a jacket because inside the buildings it is soooo cold... and they don't have AC or anything... Wow. I was wearing 3 jackets and gloves and was still shivering. It's a weird life I live haha. Also, I'm one of those people that wears gloves to bed because it gets so stinkin cold. I know I'm going to regret this later, but I'm really excited for the really hot weather of Bolivia where I just sweat all the time. Hahaha


Hmmm... What else.... oh yeah. Soooo I've decided that the people here reeeeaaally think that missionaries require mountainfulls of food. Like WOW lunch is so hard to eat because 1. my stomach is having a hard time adjusting to the different food and 2. they give me enough food to feed a whole family. It's such a struggle and you have to be polite and eat EVERYTHING. I told my pensionista that I needed less food because my stomach is small aaaand I'm pretty sure it's still the same amount as before. I just always have to tell myself I CAN DO HARD THINGS. But I am really grateful that we have someone who will make lunch for us. She is the nicest person in the whole world and I wish all of you could meet her!! I am seriously sooo spoiled here and am counting my many blessings!


Well, that's pretty much it for the week. Lots and LOTS of walking, lots of kissing people on the cheek, lots of food, but i wouldn't want it any other way. This work is definitely hard, but it is sooo rewarding. Words cannot express how much I love it here. Helping others come unto Christ is the best thing in the whole world and I am so grateful to be here. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I love you all so dearly and I want to hear from all of you! So email me! Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Higham

p.s. I promised Paola (the 18 year old from our ward) that I would write something to her in Spanish. 

Hola Paola... yo no hablo mucho espanol... perro, usted es la mejor persona en todo el mundo... adios.
hahahaha my Spanish is literally the worst. k bye

No comments:

Post a Comment